Monday, August 3, 2009

Everyday Manchesters' Blog by Daphne

My name is Daphne 2nd. My moms named me after their whippet Daphne. She was special. "So am I!"

My mom flew back to Ontario and picked me up from my breeder. I rode under the seat of the plane in a carrier bag. I was a good girl...on the plane that is.

I quickly adapted to my new home and the whippets. In fact, for the longest time I thought I was a whippet.

Not long after my moms' big event, for which I was their flower girl, my stepbrother Jethro left us. He had a bad ticker. As you can see, Jethro left some pretty big shoes for me to fill.

I was really sad when Jethro died, so my breeder sent out my grandpa Gus. Gus is short for "Gusto", which is part of his registered name. He also approaches life with a lot of gusto. As often as not, we call him Gussie. I soon realized that I show a lot of resemblance to him and the toy Manchester breed. So much for being a whippet!


After several months of Gus and me being inseparable, Jeb alias "Goose" was shipped out to our home in BC. Mom really likes southern names and that is why she changed his name to "Jeb".

Submitted by: Cynthia Sytnyk & Bev Clarke

No comments:

Post a Comment